What Is Respiratory Therapy
Respiratory Therapist a new emerging field is capturing the attention of students everywhere. Respiratory Therapist Jobs are creating new job opportunities for anyone interested.
Respiratory Therapy deals with patients that have chronic lung problems like bronchitis, asthma, and other repertory problems. Respiratory therapists are delegated a good amount of responsibility, while still being able to maintain a level of independence in the work place. In taking a look at a number of topics regarding this hot new field you can gain a better understanding as to what respiratory therapist jobs can offer.
On top of helping many patients, you will also be receiving a high paying salary. According to National Pay Data, the average Respiratory Therapist can make anywhere from $19-$27 per hour. The need for professionals in this field creates a sense of job security that not many other fields can offer.
Some of the Respiratory Therapist jobs include significant roles in emergency rooms, intensive care units, operating rooms, and overall patient care in hospitals. If you are looking for a job that will be exciting everyday, Respiratory Therapy is a great option. People depend on their lungs, and you are the one thing that can keep many of these patients alive.
Respiratory Therapist Schools in Texas (TX)
Southern Careers Institute
At SCI, you’ll have access to:
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
- Interactive, hands-on training for the real world
- Personalized attention from experienced instructors who know you by name and care about your success
- Externship and on-the-job training opportunities
- Career placement assistance
- Programs approved for VA funding
Vista College Amarillo
Take advantage of these Vista College services:
- Day or evening classes
- Learn from industry experts
- Convenient class schedules
- Lifetime Career Services Assistance for graduates
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
- Plus much more!
College of Health Care Professions
The College of Health Care Professions is a great place for working adults to enhance their current careers, or help themselves find new career pathways to better lives. We also train high school graduates to enter in the exciting high demand Healthcare industry.
Our programs are focused and centered on empowering you with the skills you need to enter the expanding and rewarding Health Care Industry. Learn only what you need to gain employment in your particular field, so you can get certified and enter the job market faster.
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
Other Schools Offering Respiratory Therapist Courses in Texas
Texas offers some of the most competitive schooling in the field of respiratory therapy. If one was interested in the field, Texas would be among the best to look for schooling options.
Alvin Community College
3110 Mustang Rd
Alvin, TX 77511-4898
Houston Community College
3100 Main Street
Houston, TX 77266-7517
The emerging field of Respiratory Therapy is capturing the attention of people everywhere. In a time of high unemployment rates, there has not been a better time to pursue a higher education in the field of Respiratory Therapy. Respiratory Therapists make great money, and there is always a need for more Therapists. The responsibilities that go along with respiratory therapy can keep you excited everyday to go to work. If you are unsure of where you want to go in life, consider a career in respiratory therapy. Both 2-year associate degrees and 4-year bachelor degrees are available in this field, so depending on your plans you can choose schooling to fit your need. Consider actively pursuing a career in respiratory therapy!