About Respiratory Therapist Careers in San Diego
Respiratory Therapy employment opportunities in San Diego are available in private home settings, primary care facilities and hospitals, and outpatient settings. Graduates from San Diego Respiratory Therapy Schools will receive some of the best training in the country from some of the most qualified individuals in the field.
Roles and Responsibilities of Respiratory Therapists
Graduates trained in San Diego institutions will meet both clinical and management challenges in a fast-growing field. Respiratory Therapists responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing patients and performing examinations, conducting diagnostic testing, responding to emergency situations, treating patients with drugs, physiotherapy, and use of medical devices and equipment.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapist Careers in San Diego
Salaries for a Respiratory Therapist in San Diego can range from $54,000-$72,000K a year depending on the amount of education and experience. The highest paid positions are available in the private sector; however management positions in a primary care facility can also furnish competitive wages.
San Diego’s Educational Requirements for Respiratory Therapists
San Diego’s educational institutions differ in their curriculum. Associate of Science Degrees in Respiratory Therapy typically take on average of 22 weeks to complete. In the case of Bachelor’s Degrees in Respiratory Therapy, four years is typically the average. These are the required classes for each degree:
Associate of Science in Respiratory Therapy
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Patient Assessment
• Humidity Therapy
• Lung Expansion Therapy
• Bronchial Hygiene
• Respiratory e Sciences
• Pulmonary Rehabilitation
• Mechanical Ventilation I and II
• Pediatric Pathophysiology
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Advanced Skills
• Application of Cardiopulmonary Diagnostics and Monitoring
• Clinical Experience I and II
Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
• Cardiac & Renal Anatomy & Physiology
• Cardiopulmonary Pharmacology
• Pulmonary Anatomy & Physiology
• Microbiology & Decontamination
• Medical Gas Therapy
• Lung Hyperinflation Therapy
• Arterial Blood Gases
• Advanced Cardiopulmonary Physiology
• Pulmonary Function Testing
• Introduction to Polysomnography
• Respiratory Care Protocols
• Mechanical Ventilation Management
• Perinatal and Pediatric Care
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support
• Aerosol and Humidity-Pulmonary Hygiene
• The Healthcare System
• Management Principles
• Management Planning Principles
Respiratory Therapist Schools in San Diego, CA
San Joaquin Valley College
San Joaquin Valley College – Careers start here.
Better opportunities and increased financial stability could be just around the corner. Get the skills needed to go straight to work in today’s competitive job market with accelerated programs in medical, technical, and business fields.
Founded in 1977, SJVC is an accredited private junior college with campuses located throughout California – including an Online division – offering a balance of classroom instruction and hands-on training to meet your needs.
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
Other San Diego Respiratory Therapy Schools
California College San Diego
2820 Camino Del Rio S
San Diego, CA 92108
Concorde Career College – San Diego
4393 Imperial Ave, Suite #100
San Diego, CA 92113-1962