About Respiratory Therapist Jobs
Many Americans have chosen to go back to school. People have come to the realization that though it is great to have a job, it is even better to be able to have a career. If you are looking for a career or are thinking about changing yours then you should really consider a career in Respiratory Therapy. Respiratory Therapists are in high demand. Hospitals are anticipating that within the next six or seven years there will be an increase in positions by approximately 19%. What this means for you as a perspective student is that there is a great chance you will have a large selection of positions available to you upon your graduation.
An Associate’s Degree is necessary if you desire to work as a Respiratory Therapist. If you choose to get your Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree you will simply have more of a choice of positions and if any promotions become available while you are working you will have a chance to pursue them. While you are in school you will have to take a number of science classes. Some of the classes that you are advised to take will include:
Human Anatomy Respiratory Health Promotion
Physics Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Chemistry Therapeutic and Diagnostic Tests and Procedures
Mathematics Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
Respiratory Therapists have a number of responsibilities when caring for patients. Respiratory Therapists work closely with doctors and nurses to come up with plans in order to increase the rehabilitation of their patients. It is very important to be able to work successfully as a team member when you are working as a Respiratory Therapist. Some other responsibilities include performing diagnostic tests and evaluations.
Respiratory Therapist Schools in Idaho (ID)
Students of Stevens-Henager College enjoy:
- Monthly starts that allow students to start fast and finish fast
- A new laptop computer to use in school and keep upon graduation
- Financial aid, grants and scholarships available to those who qualify
- Employment assistance for graduates
- Convenient day, evening and online classes
- Personal attention from enrollment to graduation and beyond
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
Other Schools in Idaho that Offer Respiratory Therapy Training
If you are looking to become a Respiratory Therapist and reside in the state of Idaho you should inquire about the programs available at the schools listed below.
Boise State University
1910 University Dr
Boise, ID 83725
College Of Southern Idaho
315 Falls Ave.
Twin Falls, ID 83301-1238
Idaho State University
921 S 7th Ave
Pocatello, ID 83209
The average salary for a Respiratory Therapist in the state of Idaho is approximately $47,000. This salary depends on the position that you acquire and the level of education that you have.